Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 20, 2012


Elder Jacob Longhurst spoke recently in the LDS Ward, just a few days before departing to Provo, UT and the Mission Training Center.  After some time of learning and working on the Spanish language, Jake will be serving the next two years in the Guadalajara, Mexico, Mission.  Many relatives were visiting at the home of Candy and Sheldon Longhurst over that weekend, anticipating giving Jake their best wishes.
The LDS Ward enjoyed a social gathering  during a recent Linger Longer, following their Sabbath meetings.  The menu included sloppy joes, a big variety of salads, with an equally big variety of brownies for  dessert.  Personally speaking, I was wishing for some recipes to accompany some of the dishes that had been brought.  That is the way it is when food is shared, always some idea to take home to your own kitchen.
Austin and Kathy Jones  hosted a houseful of family “company,” children and grandchildren.  Although most of their crew live in Utah, Katrina Hadlock brought her three children from Montrose, CO.  Those from Utah were KayDee Clark with four children from Logan, Joseph and Rebecca Jones of Herriman, Karenina Bullock of Sandy and her three youngsters, and Kayleen and Spencer Johnson from Provo.
We have a new resident, a tiny girl born to Kerry and Lacey Christensen.   She put in her appearance in the early hours of May 11th, weighing in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces.  She is welcomed by two not-so-big sisters who have been excited for her arrival.  Let the “party” begin.
Our gardens are starting to show results from the planting season, little green shoots in  fairly straight lines, poking up through the black dirt.  Now comes the task of identifying the weeds from the plants worth having.  The tomatoes, cucumbers and such are still wearing their anti-freeze hats in the hopes of surviving the cold spells that seem to keep rolling in our direction.

Mark and Karen Arnout are just getting started on their summer schedule of marketing the metal art they create at their Mink Creek home.  This means a lot of going “here and there,” to various shows and celebrations.  Recently some of their family were home for a get-together before the  family confusion begins. 
I have a request for my online readers, I know there are at least seven or eight of you.  I want some opinions.  Now that the Citizen limits the size of the Rural News columns I have tried to fill the printed version with names and events, skipping my local jibber-jab about the place and life in MC.  I realize that in so doing the printed column has suffered a little.  How do you feel about that?  I run into readers of the printed Citizen, them commenting about the column and many say they “don’t do internet,”  “ have no clue on how to operate a computer.” I want it to be fun for all my readers, but don’t know how to solve the problem. 
I can go back to doing more of a mix, but some names will end up in the online version.  As a result those looking for their names “in print” won’t find them.  I just don’t want to get too dull, too boring.  If I have to do that I think it is time for me to quit.  Comments, please!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a great job of balancing. Don't quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read both, but I hate to see you stop the online version, that is my vote!

    ReplyDelete